Last week, I took 70-400 to get my MCTS:Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007, Configuring.
The test was harder than I thought; I got an 860 but had expected I would do better than that.
Here is what I remember about the test:
· 47 total questions, 2 hours long
· All multiple choice with four answers
· There weren’t any “All of These” or “None of these” answer possibilities
· About 5 questions that allow multiple answers, but all specify the total number of answers that you choose, ie “choose two of the following.”
· There weren’t any definition questions
· All the questions were task-based and follow the format: You would like to <do something>. In order to accomplish this you must <choose answer>.
· Several questions related to backup/restore. Study different backup/restore scenarios, especially related to the loss of an RMS
· Know how to replicate an environment in a lab by copying the databases and restoring the encryption key
· Know which roles to which restore the encryption key
· Study SecureStorageBackup.exe syntax
· Study ManagementServerConfigTool.exe PromoteRMS syntax
· Study the export-managementpack cmdlet syntax
· Know how to install a Gateway server to monitor servers in a DMZ
· Know how to authenticate agents using certificates in a DMZ, and how to use MOMcertimport.exe
· Study Audit Collection Services know how to turn it on and off on agents, and how to install on the server. Also remember that you cant install on a server that is clustered.
· Study Agentless Exception Monitoring, know how to filter the results so not all exceptions are sent to MS
· Know how to use overrides to target a MP to a specific type of target (like all Server 2003 domain controllers for example)
· Remember that to discover cluster resources, you have to turn on agent proxying on the physical nodes
· Remember that to see reports related to specific MP’s, you have to import the MP’s
· Know the basic steps for creating a distributed application
· Know how to monitor a web site using synthetic transactions, and remember what situations would be appropriate for monitoring a site using synthetic transactions
· Know when to create a diagnostic task vs. a recovery task
· Know the difference between a console task an agent task