Here is a link to download the latest version of my Alert Forward management pack for Operations Manager 2007 SP1:
It allows you to select any alert in an alert view in the console, and forward that alert to an email recipient. It checks to see if Outlook is installed, and if so, allows you to send the email using Outlook (through CDO). Otherwise, it uses an SMTP server to relay the email.
The slickest part of the management pack (if i do say so myself, thank you very much) is the setup.exe installer that I wrote in VB.NET using the OpsMgr SDK. Here are the tasks it performs:
- It prompts the user for the SMTP server address, for the name of the RMS, and for the sender’s email address.
- It creates a shared folder on the RMS for the script and MP xml to reside
- It copies the script and the xml file to the shared folder
- It replaces text in the script with the SMTP servername and with the sender address
- Replaces text in the xml file with the RMS servername
- Imports the script into OpsMgr (using supercool OpsMgr SDK)
Here are the alert parameters that are sent in the email:
Let me know if you have any questions about it.
RON DOT WILLIAMS AT MAIL DOT COM